The village is situated in a fertile and well-watered valley and is characterized by gardens full of flowers, fruit and vegetables. The church and parsonage were built by the villagers and are constructed of local stone. Other interesting buildings include the school, the Mission Store and the watermill which now houses the museum.
The Moravian mission station of Goedverwacht is nestled between the Piketberg Mountains and is accessed by an excellent tarred road off the R399, between Piketberg and Velddrift.
About Goedverwacht Awakens NPC
Goedverwacht Awakens NPC was founded to build capacity, innovation and resilience in the tourism, agriculture, education and social development sectors to drive the growth of small businesses and to support the development of a pathway into the Fourth Industrial Revolution for the youth in particular.
Further, we seek to actively preserve and maintain the authentic and unique cultural heritage of Goedverwacht.
- To value diversity and inclusion in everything we do
- To maintain a high level of integrity and ethics in all our engagements
- To be respectful to all we engage with
- To embrace innovation
- To apply the principle of fairness to all we do
- To operate with a high level of accountability
- To embrace collaboration
- To care for our community through the development of small business
- To actively preserve and maintain the authentic and unique cultural heritage of Goedverwacht.
- To create a pathway to the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- To work with the local authorities to improve and further develop community facilities
- To create an environment of caring for each other and the community
- To kindle a spirit of togetherness and Ubuntu
- Creating opportunities for skills development and personal growth
- To encourage a spirit of social cohesion
- To utilize local knowledge, expertise and service providers first
- To share experience, knowledge, best practice and opportunities with like-minded communities
Caring for our community through the development of small businesses whilst embracing our cultural heritage.